Tuesday 2 August 2011

old couple & chanel tragedy


I realized when we were going out the door yesterday that I had forgotten to charge the camera battery and the Park was of course lovelier than ever. I'll just have to describe some of it for you. The photos are from our last picnic.

We found a perfect spot close to tall cypress trees where there was plenty of space for playing volleyball. After our refreshment, mainly fresh fruits and drinks, I read from an Astrid Lindgren book for the children and as I was doing that this cute old couple approached our spot with two chairs and sat down close to us. Maybe it was the reading in Icelandic that lured them to us, I don't know. But there they sat the whole time we were there, reading and occasionally touching each other hands, so sweet. For us it was like spending the day with the great-grandparents (they were really old). I had to restrain myself from not walking over to them and ask them what's your story; it felt like every wrinkle had something to say.

We spent about four hours in the park. Right before going home I was turned into a bicycle repairman. Our son had been playing with the pedals on his sisters' bicycles and the chains were off the chain wheels. So there I was with my Chanel Miami Peach (203), getting my nails and fingers terrible dirty. It was a beautiful day for the Nightingale Park but a sad one for Chanel nail polish.

Today we are going back to the park. Have a wonderful day everyone! 

PS. Yesterday I spotted a post in my right sidebar with the title 'A cup of latte to you...' and was intrigued. I opened it to find out that my blogfriend Lila at A Simplesmente Lila Braga had written a post to wish my blog a happy birthday. Thank you Lila again for this kind gesture! If you aren't already following Lila's blog you must know that it contains her beautiful photography and each post has an inspirational quote and a dose of Lila's heart.

photo credit: Lisa Hjalt

12 comments:

  1. is good that things we love get destroyed for those we love ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just one mention of Astrid Lindgren's book brought back so many memories... "Karlsson" was one of my favourite stories and I read it so many times I could tell it by heart. :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge fan of Pippi here. I still watch it on tv. I'm almost 40. Who cares.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post. Ah - Pippi Longstocking...

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing like seeing an older couple that is still in love... there is something so very sweet about it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have I told you that I found Astrid Lindgren books here after you had mentioned them on your blog and I could make a beautiful present to my best friend's little girl? Have fun in the park today! Can't wait for another story. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like such a lovely day despite the Chanel polish tragedy :) And how sweet to see a couple like that. Older couples still so in love warms my heart. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha I think the real tragedy was not having your camera! I love older couples, so sweet! I think all of us in love hope to be that older couple on the bench one day, holding hands and reminiscing on a good, long life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lisa, hope at less you enjoyed your picnic day. And sorry for the tragedy. I know what u mean. Happy anniversary also! have a nice week

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely images!!! sorry about the tragedy though... have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so adorable, if we could all grow old together like that :) Your park adventures sound perfect, besides the Chanel disaster of course.. Beautiful photo's!! What are those flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful photos. and I love the story about the old couple. it always brings a huge smile on my face when I see an old couple holding hands :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.