Wednesday 11 January 2012

curvy antiques

I went to the library earlier today and came back home with a huge stack of books on interior design and fashion. I got some novels too, in English, so I have plenty of reading material. I borrowed the Dutch version of All in the Detail by Caroline Clifton-Mogg. When browsing through it at the library I came across a photo of shelves filled with bowls and other kitchen items that I recently repinned on Pinterest without knowing anything about the source – going to the library obviously pays off!

I also saw a photo in the book that reminded me of these curvy beauties above. I've kept them in my inspiration folder for some time and it seemed ideal to post them today. I could never decorate my home using this style only but I would not say no to just one piece, a beautiful chest of drawers or a desk – with curves, of course.

Have a beautiful Wednesday! 


photo credit:
top-right: unknown source via Pinterest

10 comments:

  1. If only I lived in a period style home... I love this style very much. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - this would look SO wrong at my place, but I love to look at it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty -- I'm with tinajo above, these antiques would look a little out of place in my house (it's more modern) but I love getting decorating ideas. Libraries are wonderful!! I go to my branch at least once a week. And they are great about ordering books in from other branches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This style is not for me, but I like admiring it from a distance. It's like it breaths history and memories. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These would be perfect in my home! Their feminine curves would be a great antidote to all the testosterone in my house! x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely furniture; romantic and beautiful! Speaking of lovely...cannot believe I missed your post yesterday!!! That is a favorite street of mine also. Not only is it true Flemmish atmosphere, but houses two of my favorite Antwerpen restaurants; "Neuze-Neuze" and "De Peerdestal". Thanks for the picture; I am ready to get on the next flight!!!

    Happy Wednesday!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful. i love the blue in these designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One item like these yes that would be an exact right touch of antique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm saddened to admit that I can't remember the last time I even went into a library :( Beautiful inspiration though, immediately makes me think of Marie Antoinette!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.