Wednesday 14 November 2012

notes à la mode 21


Today I was in the mood for haute couture and I remembered last year's haute couture supplement of September's Vogue Italia. It was photographed by Paolo Roversi, who used a mirror to get these beautiful effects. Models Frida Gustavsson, Jac Jagaciak and Kristina Salinovic were styled by Lori Goldstein in autumn 2011 couture collections.

I didn't want to post all the photos so if you are interested in viewing more, and watching a short video from behind the scenes, then click on the Vogue Italia link under 'photo credit' below.


NOTES À LA MODE 21 LINKS

  I enjoyed watching that Dior video which takes us to Paris to have a look at the Christmas windows at the Parisian department store, Printemps ... I told you earlier that I was already feeling the Christmas spirit
  There is another short video on the Dior channel on YouTube where you can meet the stars of the Christmas windows and see the ateliers of the fashion house dressing 74 dolls in specially created iconic outfits
  In case you didn't know, Anne Hathaway is the cover girl of the December issue of Vogue US, photographed by Annie Leibovitz. There is something graceful about the cover and I like the joy in this photo, but I'm not impressed by the rest of the photos. I find some of them too posed; a bit forced

photo credit:
Paolo Roversi for Vogue Italia, Haute Couture, September 2011 / 1 & 4 via Trendland
YouTube: Dior Noël au Printempts - Windows

6 comments:

  1. We're on the same page today. :) I viewed many photos of Paolo Roversi this morning and couldn't get enough of them. His photography is so darkly romantic, nobody lenses beauty the way he does.
    As for the Anne Hathaway editorial, it fails to impress me. Too many American Vogue editorials have become so predictable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very moody and ethereal shots but incredibly beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Lisa, the Roversi ed is so beautiful - thank you for sharing it. I can never get enough of his work.
    Haven't seen the Vogue cover yet, but since it's yet another celebrity I'll probably just skip the issue again. Has she done another movie to promote?

    Enjoy your evening!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. such surreal and beautiful images. gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning. I love their dark and dreamy mood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Speechless... that video left me speechless... I want to reside in those windows this Christmas (what's the chances!?) and stay beyond that into the new year, wearing dior copies(I'm not fussy!)... how absolutely gorgeous... We have a tradition inMelbourne where every year the Christmas windows in one of the major departments stores is all decked out with a theme and then you have to queue up for ages to have a glimpse... but nothing beats that Dior window!! NOTHING... love it (okay, is that too much?) Gotta link to this too:)x

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.