Wednesday 19 December 2012

notes à la mode 25


As I was searching for material for today's post I realised that it would be my last NOTES À LA MODE post of the year. Don't worry, I'm not doing a recap! I was interested in featuring some of the spring 2013 ad campaigns but as I started viewing the photos, I was rather disappointed, not with the photography or the clothes, but with all the retouching. If you have seen the Burberry campaign you probably know what I'm referring to. The campaign features Romeo Beckham, the son of David and Victoria, and two models. Their kid is terribly cute but the photo is just wrong; the retouching is awful. (There's no way I'm linking to it.) In my links below I'm sharing two campaign photos that did impress me and some 2013 pre-autumn collections.

The editorial you are viewing is called 'Nuit Blanche' and appears in the 139 issue of Numéro. Yelena Yemchuk photographed model Sigrid Agren and these photos are my favourite, a wonderful blend of colour and black & white photography. The stylist for the shoot was Rebecca Bleynie, hair stylist was Romina Manenti and Lloyd Simmonds took care of the make-up.

I feel inspired.


NOTES À LA MODE 25 LINKS


  So far the Louis Vuitton Spring 2013 ad campaign is my favourite, lensed by Steven Meisel
  I'm fascinated by the photography of the Givenchy Spring 2013 ad campaign. Italian model Mariacarla Boscono poses with her daughter for Mert & Marcus
  These days the 2013 pre-autumn collections are being presented. I have viewed some of them feeling anything but inspired and sometimes thinking why do they even bother? Luckily that doesn't apply to all the collections. I think my favourite so far is Bottega Veneta
  I also like the Calvin Klein collection and this Burberry Prorsum jacket had me swooning. You probably know all about my soft spot for 3/4 sleeves by now!

photo credit:
1-6: Yelena Yemchuk for Numéro #139 via Fashion Gone Rogue | Sigrid Agren in 'Nuit Blanche' styled by Rebecca Bleynie / 7: Steven Meisel for Louis Vuitton Spring 2013 ad campaign

6 comments:

  1. what is it with everyone's kids starting to model so early on? maybe I'm conservative, but I'm not sure I like this trend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful that first photo is! I closed the page yesterday when I was viewing that Burberry campaign on a site yesterday. Chanel, Bottega Veneta and Calvin Klein too are my favourite Pre-Fall 2013 collections so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on so many levels. As far as the retouching goes, I could probably write an essay by now and the image of Romeo just freaked me out first time I saw it... I am feeling the same way about pre-fall - there are very few collections I liked so far and even some of them aren't that inventive or anything, just purely pretty. I am wondering if Dior is going to show one - feeling very curious about Simmon's next step after those shiny table cloths dresses...
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not watch the pre-fall collections, just did not have time for them. I like the green outfit and that faux (hopefully) green fur is "all I want for Christmas." Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not really a fashionista but I love this green (faux) fur stole! Lovely... I love the first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Louis Vuitton's Spring 2013 as well. The photography in this editorial is stunning; I'm loving emerald green more and more xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.