Monday 23 September 2013

Notes à la mode 37



Today I'm taking you back to the year 2006 and to the streets of Paris (Audrey was spot on, Paris is always a good idea). These first three images are part of an old Zara ad campaign, featuring model Anja Rubik. The one below has been in my files for a long time and it wasn't until I began viewing the others better that I fell flat for the one above, taken in a narrow street called Rue de Bourbon le Château in the 6th district (an Isabel Marant boutique is close by). I still remember this street; it was close to my hotel when I visited Paris last year.

A beautiful street in Paris and a coat with 3/4 sleeves - now, that is something to make my heart beat a little faster!


In my NOTES À LA MODE 36 I was in the mood for some herringbone and I still am. This autumn my wardrobe is craving a herringbone piece. I'm feeling these two Calvin Klein trousers, part of the autumn 2006 collection.



photo credit:
1-3: Zara Autumn 2006 ad campaign via Fashion Ad Explorer | models: Anja Rubik + Will Chalker / 4-5: Marcio Madeira via Vogue US | Calvin Klein Collection Autumn 2006

4 comments:

  1. Ah, thank you for the credit for the second photo, Lisa. I've had it on my Pinterest, but without the proper source. I just love the atmosphere in that campaign! And those wide legged Calvin Klein trousers, so classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with that three quarter length sleeved coat - beautiful! And Paris too of course! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've lost count of the number of times I have visited Paris but I never tire of looking at photos of this stunning city. I've alway been a fan of coats and jackets with three-quarter sleeves - so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first photo really has resonance, in fact it reminds me a bit of Luxembourg City. And I'm with you on that coat!

    Hugs,
    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.