Monday 16 December 2013

k&a: meringue tops + chocolate frosting / sauce

With the holidays coming up I decided to post two new recipes on KITCHEN & AROMA today, my meringue tops (with or without chocolate) and chocolate frosting or sauce, which I sometimes serve with them. As I say in the introduction to the meringue tops recipe, it will be the most sugary one on the food blog. After what feels like endless experiments I have accepted the fact that you need a certain amount of sugar to keep the texture right.

Did you enjoy a good weekend? The tree has been decorated and I baked cookies (I also did disastrous experiments, that is, texture-wise, which tasted really good). Still no sign of my Christmas mood! Our son even decorated the living room floor with white Christmas lights and a selection of white baubles in the centre. I didn't have the heart to tell him to remove it; he was so proud.

After lunch today I'm going to a play in his school, the Christmas production, and maybe that will help bring on the Christmas spirit with full force.

photo credit:
Lisa Hjalt

_
PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN | ÍSLENSK ÚTGÁFA

3 comments:

  1. You know what my reaction was when I saw the photo of the meringue tops: I want to take a bite! Thank you for the recipes, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The meringues look really delicious, I do wish they could be made without sugar as I cannot eat it and I do love meringues. We sometimes buy some from the French bakery near our home and they have slivered almonds in them, amazing taste and texture, but I am limited to a little taste only:(
    I hope you enjoy your sons school performance, I remember those days, our son got to play Joseph in the school nativity play, his first year at school, he looked adorable with a false beard!
    Happy holidays:)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!!! The meringues look delicious! I am sorry to read that the Xmas mood is not here yet... Xmas carols and songs missing may be?

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.